Drop, Cancellation & Withdrawal Policy
Students are responsible for dropping a course, canceling registration, or withdrawing (with notation) by the posted deadlines to avoid academic and/or financial consequences. Please refer to the individual program calendar for specific date information.
Dropping a course, canceling enrollment, or withdrawing from the program has serious repercussions on loan eligibility. For complete information, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Dropping all courses before the beginning of the specific semester in which you are registered.
- Cancellations may be processed via MyUM.
Single Course Drop:
- Dropping one course before the end of the schedule adjustment period for the specific semester in which you are registered. You must remain registered for at least one course within the specific semester.
- Single course drops may be processed via MyUM.
- Dropping all courses (even if just one) between the first day and the last day of the particular semester in which you are registered.
- Withdrawal requests must be received in writing (see below).
- A notation of withdrawn will post to your student record.
- Undergraduate students: click here
- Graduate students: click here
Single Course Drop with 'W':
- Registered for at least two courses and dropping one of these courses after the end of the schedule adjustment period for the specific semester in which you are registered.
- Requests must be received in writing (see below).
- A notation of 'W' will post to your student record.
Requests: (With student name and ID number)
Office of Extended Studies
0132 Main Administration Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742