Terp Young Scholars
The Terp Young Scholars program invites high school students with exceptional ability and promise to an outstanding pre-college experience at the University of Maryland.
The Terp Young Scholars program is open to:
- Rising high school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors from across the United States and around the world.
During three unforgettable weeks, you'll:
- Pursue academic interests and discover career opportunities.
- Study with exceptional faculty in a stimulating environment.
- Engage in creative problem solving with equally talented peers.
- Earn three university credits.
- Discover the independence of college life.
This program was a very enriching experience and really opened my eyes to what to expect in the future. - TYS student
Application & Participation TIMELINE
- Review How the Program Works
- Complete Confirmation of Admission
- Program starts July 10, 2016: Orientation Day
- Program ends July 29, 2016: Final Day
My daughter had a great experience. She enjoyed the classroom work and had fun exploring the campus so she could get a sense of what UMD is like for students. - TYS parent
Overwhelmingly, the Terp Young Scholars program is one of the best opportunities we are able to provide our students and they resoundingly speak so highly about their experiences upon their return. Thank you and the University of Maryland for your support of our students.
- Jill Levine, Executive Director, Right Angle - Noble Network of Charter Schools