ELMS (Electronic Learning Management System) is the online environment that supports online teaching and learning at UMD. ELMS offers access to the following:
- Static Content: Syllabi, schedules, announcements, and lecture notes.
- Interactive Content: Discussion groups, live chats, and online assessments.
- To access course content, you are required to have TERPmail.
- The course instructor must first load the online course into ELMS.
- This may not occur earlier than 24-48 hours prior to the course start date. Some course instructors may wait until the first day of class.
- Only students who are registered and on the official class list can access the course.
- If you register late, it may take up to 24 hours for ELMS to give online access.
UMD Online Resources
- Accessibility and Disability Service: Online Portal Services
- Career Center: Online Career Management Tool
- Counseling Center: Provides support services that promote the personal, social, and academic success of UMD students.
- Libraries: Online Resources and Services
- Online Student Success Orientation: Free workshop with strategies for successful online learning.
- Writing Center Online Tutoring