Skip to main content
Current, Incoming, & Former UMD Students >
Winter Session >
Payment Information >
How to Pay & Options
How to Pay & Options
How to Pay
- Do not attempt to submit payment until 24 business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) AFTER you’ve registered. There is a time lag between registration and the posting of tuition and fees on your student financial account.
- To submit payment, visit Student Financial Services.
- To determine how much you owe, select Access Account.
- To submit payment, select Make a Payment.
Credit/Debit Card or Online Check
- In general, financial aid for Winter Session is limited. Students must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program of study at UMD and must register for at least 3 credits or 12 graduate units to be considered. Winter Session aid is not available for visiting students. A visiting student should contact their home institution. UMD degree-seeking students who are offered Winter Session financial aid must respond to the offer and formally accept. The offer will not automatically post.
- The Office of Extended Studies (OES) is pleased to offer a grant for UMD degree-seeking undergraduate students who register for Winter Session course sections beginning with 01**, WB1*, and I1**. The grant is designed to provide need-based aid to students who otherwise could not afford to register for Winter Session courses. Awardees are determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid. Students must demonstrate need, have a minimum 2.0 GPA, and must enroll in at least 3 credits in courses using the abovementioned section codes. Priority is given to seniors and juniors. While Financial Aid makes all aid determinations, degree-seeking UMD undergraduates who believe they have extenuating circumstances may contact email@example.com with additional information. Please note: funds are limited.
- Questions? Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Tuition remission does not cover mandatory student services or other fees. UMD System employees must receive authorization from their home institution. UMCP employees work with their department’s human resources staff. See UMCP UHR Tuition Remission.
- Athletes who receive an Athletic Scholarship must be in touch with his/her Athletic Advisor to determine award amount and posting date.
Terp Payment Plan
- Not available for Winter Session.
529/College Savings Plans
- Use of these plans is not encouraged because of the delay in which the 529 Plans post to the student’s account. You may incur finance charges and late fees.