Tuition & Fees
Tuition and fee rates apply to courses beginning with the following sections: 01**, WB**, I1**. Other section numbers may have program-specific tuition and specific payment deadlines. Students should contact the specific program to determine tuition and fees.
|Item||Student Type||MD In-State Resident||Out-of-State Resident|
|Tuition, per credit rate||Undergraduate||$367.00||$1,456.00|
|Tuition, per credit rate||Graduate||$731.00||$1,625.00|
|Winter Fee||All Students||$100.00||$100.00|
- Charged at the per-credit rate based on student type (undergraduate/graduate) and residency. Determination of residency status for tuition is made according to the Board of Regents Policy on Student Residency Classification.
- Charged for any course registration. Supports libraries, campus-wide technology services, enrollment services, and disability support services. Does not cover access to campus recreation center. Current UMD students who have registered for the upcoming spring semester have access. Others may purchase a guest pass via University Recreation & Wellness
- Some courses charge an additional fee—lab, studio, or materials. Course fees should be noted on Testudo and may run $30 to $60 per course. When submitting payment following registration, the course-related fee should be included.
Tuition & Fee Worksheet
- To help calculate your total bill, see Tuition & Fee Worksheet.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this or any other University publication, the University reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary by the University and the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Although changes in tuition, fees and charges ordinarily will be announced in advance, the University reserves the right to make such changes without prior announcement.