Applying for Post-Baccalaureate Programs
Post-baccalaureate Programs are non-degree granting. Courses and grades earned post to the UMD transcript. Qualified applicants are admitted as non-degree seeking undergraduates and receive provisional admission. Blocks preventing registration are placed on the student account until requirements are fulfilled. To view provisional admission requirements, visit the program page as provided below.
- SIE Provisional Admission
- HESPIE Provisional Admission
Application Requirements: All students, including former UMD students and UMD non-degree seeking post-baccalaureates, must submit an application. The Golden ID Program is not eligible. Veterans are not eligible to use the VA benefit and should contact the Veterans Certification Office with questions at email@example.com.
GPA Requirements: Students must have a four-year undergraduate degree with the following minimum grade point average (GPA) base on a 4.0 scale.
- SIE: 2.5 GPA
- HESPIE: 2.0 GPA
Transcript Requirements: Students must submit a complete set of original transcripts from all attended 2- and 4-year institutions. Transcripts are used to verify GPA and course pre-requisites. UMD graduates do not need to submit transcripts as these are part of your student record.
Instructions and Deadlines
Application Instructions: A $65 non-refundable application fee is required. Students are informed about the admission decision via e-mail. To inquire about the status of your application, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit official transcripts to: Enrollment Services Operation, Post-Baccalaureate Programs, 0130 Mitchell Building, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742.
Deadlines: Application deadlines apply to all applicants. Admission is for the selected semester only. Both the application and official transcript(s) must be received by the deadlines below. Permanent residents and international applicants have additional requirements which also must be received these deadlines.
|Program||Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|SIE||June 1||November 1|
Permanent Residents and International Applicants
In addition to the above qualifications, the requirements below (A, B, and C) are for permanent residents and international applicants currently in the U.S. holding a valid visa that permits participation in this program. Post-baccalaureate programs are non-degree granting. UMD cannot issue the immigration documents necessary for international applicants to study (F1 or J1 student visas) in these programs. International students currently in the U.S. may not apply to fulfill undergraduate degree program requirements for any institution.
- Documentation: Check with the State Department prior to submitting your application to determine whether or not your visa permits participation in this program. Attach copies of the immigration documents showing your status and send to the address found in “Application Instructions” above.
- International Academic Credentials: Official copy of all previous degrees/diplomas and transcripts issued in the original language with a literal English Translation. For a list of translators, click here.
- Evidence of English Proficiency: Students who have been awarded a degree from the U.S., United Kingdom, Anglophone Africa, Anglophone Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and the Commonwealth Caribbean are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS. All others are required to send cores to UMD, using reporting code 5814.