Fees, Payment & Financial Aid
Tuition and Fees
|Freshmen Connection 2017|
|Tuition: Flat rate (up to 17 credits)||MD In-State Resident||$4,240.50|
|Mandatory Student Services Fee||9 or more credits||$987.50|
|8 or fewer credits||$461.00|
|Enrollment & Program Deposit Fee (non-refundable)||$225.00|
Tuition: Freshmen Connection tuition is charged at a flat rate for up to 17 credits. Tuition is refunded in accordance with the University refund schedule upon cancellation or withdrawal. Residency determinations are made according to the Board of Regents Policy on Student Residency Classification.
University Mandatory Student Services Fee: All students are charged the University mandatory student services fee, based on the number of credits taken in the semester. The student services fee covers campus support services including campus facilities use and maintenance, health services, campus-wide technology services, student registration services, recreation center, shuttle bus, libraries, police, computer labs, writing language labs, and disability support services. The student services fee is refunded in accordance with the University refund schedule upon cancellation or withdrawal. For a breakdown, click here.
Enrollment and Program Deposit Fee: Charged to any student who submits a Freshmen Connection Enrollment form. The fee is non-refundable in the event of cancellation or withdrawal from Freshmen Connection. $150 is credited towards the student’s Freshmen Connection tuition.
Please note: Notwithstanding any other provision of this or any other University publication, the University reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary by the University and the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Although changes in tuition, fees, and charges ordinarily will be announced in advance, the University reserves the right to make such changes without prior announcement.
- In addition to tuition, some courses charge an additional fee—lab, studio, or materials. Course fees should be noted on Testudo and may run $40 to $60 per course. The fee will post to the student account as a separate charge.
Fees for Housing, Dining, and More
- Office of the Bursar: Click here
Tuition for Marching Band, Repertoire Orchestra and ROTC Tuition
Marching Band, Repertoire Orchestra and Air Force and Naval ROTC courses are not covered by Freshmen Connection tuition. The information below will help you determine the additional tuition charges that will post to your student account if you register for a course in one of these programs.
|Undergraduate Tuition, per credit rate||MD In-State Resident||TBD|
Financial Aid and Payment Plans
State and/or Federal Financial Aid
If eligible for state and/or federal financial aid, you may apply it to Freshmen Connection. The Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) notifies spring admitted students who submitted their FAFSA forms by the January 1 deadline about their financial aid award package beginning in early March. This e-mail notification will contain instructions on viewing and accepting any financial aid awards. Students who have questions about their aid package should contact the OSFA via e-mail: email@example.com or phone: 301-314-9000.
Terp Payment Plan
The Terp Payment Plan (TPP) is a convenient alternative to a lump sum payment. By enrolling in the plan, you can make monthly payments with no interest. For complete information on TPP, click here.
College Savings Plan
College Savings Plans are managed through the financial institution with which you have a plan. For the State of Maryland College Savings Plan, click here.
Tuition remission does not cover mandatory student services or other fees.
- UMCP employees needing information on tuition remission, click here.
- All other UMD System employees must receive authorization from your home institution. For more information, click here.
Third Party Billing
The Financial Service Center offers Third Party Billing. This is when a private or government agency is paying any portion of your tuition or fees and they are requesting a bill from the University. For more information, click here.
- Upon enrollment, you incur a financial obligation to UMD. Failure to make payment by the deadline will result in late fees and cancellation of enrollment. For late fee information, click here.
- If planning on using the Terp Payment Plan, Financial Aid, a College Savings Plan, etc., you must contact the Financial Service Center via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to the payment deadline in order to avoid late fees.
- Payment information is sent to the e-mail address of record. It is your responsibility to keep contact information up to date. To update your information, click here.
For the complete calendar of Freshmen Connection registration, payment, cancellation, and withdrawal deadlines, click here. Fall tuition and fees post to the student account around July 15.
|By July 25||August 20|
|On or after July 26||Within 24 hours|
How to Pay
To access your access your account balance or pay your bill, click here.
Cancellation means terminating enrollment before the start of the fall semester.
- Click here for complete information on cancellation.
- August 27: Last day to cancel enrollment.
- Students receive a 100% refund of tuition and fees minus the $150 non-refundable confirmation deposit.
- Cancellation must be received in writing. Provide name, address, student ID number, and statement of cancellation to:
University of Maryland
Suite 0132 Main Administration Building
7901 Regents Drive
College Park, MD 20742
Withdrawal means terminating enrollment between the first day and the last day of the fall semester. A withdrawal statement and effective date will be recorded on your final transcript.