Summer Session

Financial Aid

Financial Aid & Exemptions

For details on noting that you are entitled to an immediate payment exemption, click here.

Office of Student Financial Aid: Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid for assistance. In general, summer financial aid is limited. Students must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program of study at UMD and must register for at least 6 credits or 24 graduate units to be considered. Summer aid is not available for visiting students. A visiting student should contact their home institution. UMD students who are offered summer financial aid must accept. If not, you may be canceled or withdrawn for non-payment.

Veterans: Ensure that the student record reflects your Veteran status and contact All veterans must complete UMD’s VA Enrollment Certification Request form.

Tuition Remission: Tuition remission does not cover mandatory student services or other fees. Students must pay all fees at the time of registration to avoid cancellation or withdrawal. UMD System employees must receive authorization from their home institution. Learn more on tuition remission.

Terp Payment Plan: Not available for Summer Session.

Third Party Billing: This is when a private or government agency is paying any portion of your tuition or fees and they are requesting a bill from the University. 529 Plan payments are not accepted for Summer Session. Learn more on 3rd Party Billing.  

Find Out More