Apply - International Students
|International Student Process||Deadline, 11 p,m.|
|Application Opens||January 5|
|Admission Notification (first-come, first served)||January 7 - June 15|
|Application Closes||June 1|
To participate in Terp Scholars-Online, International students must read “Important Considerations.” Permanent residents or applicants residing in the U.S. with a Visa permitting study must complete Steps 1-2. All other international students must complete Steps 1-3.
Eligibility for International Applicants—A Student Must:
- Be attending high school; and
- Have an unweighted academic average of 3.0 or better (on a U.S. scale).
- Terp Scholars-Online is offered 100% online. As such, an I-20 is not issued and international students do not need to secure a visa permitting study.
- A $75 application fee is required. The program does not waive the application fee.
An English language copy of transcript (report card) of applicant's secondary school academic record must include grades and cumulative GPA for all secondary schoolwork completed, including current coursework. An unofficial transcript is acceptable. Applicants may submit transcripts directly to the application system or fax/mail per instructions on the transcript form.
International applicants requiring an F-1 Visa must provide evidence of English Proficiency by submitting TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Required overall minimum score of 100. For UMD to receive your scores, use the reporting code 5814.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Required minimum band score of 7 in each section. For UMD to receive your scores, use the reporting code 5814.
This requirement is waived for permanent residents and for those international applicants residing in the U.S. with a Visa permitting study. This requirement is also waived for applicants whose first language is English or those attending an English-medium high school. Full list of countries waived from the TOEFL requirement
Notification and Confirmation of Admission
- Applications are reviewed and admission made on a first-come, first-served basis. Reminder notices regarding missing items are sent to the email address provided on the application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all materials are sent and received. Check your spam folder. To inquire about the status of your application, email email@example.com.
- Following the offer of admission to Terp Scholars-Online, parents/guardians and students must complete the Confirmation of Admission process. The process opens March 1. This information is included in the offer of admission. Should confirmation not be completed by posted deadline, the offer of admission will be rescinded.