Apply - Permanent Residents & International Applicants
Post-baccalaureate programs are non-degree granting. The University of Maryland (UMD) cannot issue the immigration documents necessary for international applicants to study (F1 or J1 student visas) for non-degree programs.
Step 1: Submit Application
A $75 non-refundable application fee is required. UMD does not waive the application fee.
Step 2: Submit Official Transcripts
Applicants must submit original transcripts for all attended 2 and 4-year institutions.
- Via Mail: Enrollment Services Operation, Post-Baccalaureate Programs, 0130 Mitchell Building, 7999 Regents Drive, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742.
- Via Email: email@example.com
Step 3: Permanent Residents and Qualified International Applicants
The requirements below (A, B, and C) are for permanent residents and international applicants currently in the U.S. holding a valid visa that permits participation in these programs.
A. Documentation: Check with the State Department prior to submitting your application to determine whether or not your visa permits participation in this program. Attach copies of the immigration documents showing your status and send to the address found in “Step 2: Submit Official Transcripts” above.
B. International Academic Credentials: Official copy of all previous degrees/diplomas and transcripts listing all courses you have completed. Transcripts must be sent in the native language with a certified English translation. UMD requires applicants to submit a third party academic evaluation for post-secondary/university credentials from one of the two evaluators listed below. Evaluations must be received by the application deadline.
- Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE)
- Start the evaluation process with ECE by visiting their Education Reports page.
- Requirements: course-by-course evaluation, original transcript(s) and a certified English translation of the transcript(s), grade point average calculation, upper division course designation.
- Josef Silny & Associates (JS&A)
- Start the evaluation process with JS&A by using their application for evaluation form.
- Requirements: course-by-course evaluation, original transcript(s) and a certified English translation of the transcript(s), grade point average calculation, upper division course designation for students with more than 1 year of post-secondary/university education completed.
C. Evidence of English Proficiency: Students who have been awarded a degree from the U.S., United Kingdom, Anglophone Africa, Anglophone Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and the Commonwealth Caribbean are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS. All others are required to send scores to UMD, using reporting code 5814. TOEFL scores are only valid for two years after the test date; IELTS scores have a recommended two-year validity period.
Qualified students receive provisional admission and are notified via email after their application file is complete. The file is complete when Steps 1, 2, and 3 have been received. Reminder notices regarding missing items are sent to the email address provided on the application form. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all materials are sent and received. Check your spam folder. To inquire about the status of your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blocks preventing registration are placed on the student account until requirements for full admission are fulfilled. To view these requirements, visit the program page as provided below.