Deadlines & Requirements
Application deadlines apply to all applicants. Both the application and official transcript(s) must be received by these deadlines. Permanent residents and international applicants have additional requirements which also must be received these deadlines. For complete information, see Apply-Permanent Residents & International Applicants.
|Program||Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|SIE||July 1||November 1|
Qualified students receive provisional admission and must fulfill additional requirements to register. To view these requirements, visit the program page as provided below.
Post-baccalaureate programs are non-degree granting. Qualified applicants are admitted to the University of Maryland (UMD) as non-degree seeking undergraduates.
Students applying for admission to a post-baccalaureate program must submit an application and meet the following minimum admission criteria. In order to register for a course, you must be admitted into the program. This includes former UMD students, those currently attending UMD as a non-degree seeking post-baccalaureate, and former program students who withdrew or canceled their program admission.
- Applicants must have earned a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or an equivalent degree from a non-U.S. institution.
- Applicants must provide an official copy of a transcript for all of their post-secondary work.
- International applicants requiring immigration documents to study in the U.S. (F1 or J1 student visas) cannot apply.
Applicants must have the following minimum grade point average (GPA) based on a 4.0 scale.
- SIE: 2.5 GPA
- HESPIE: 2.0 GPA
- The Office of Extended Studies (OES) provides administrative support for a number of UMD Continuing & Executive Education Programs. These include post-baccalaureate, professional graduate, continuing education, and executive education initiatives which are listed on the OES website. The Golden Identification Program is not eligible for Continuing & Executive Education Programs. See Golden ID Program.
- Veterans: To determine eligibility, contact UMD’s Veterans Certification Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.