Textbooks, Syllabi, and Grades
Textbook requirements are posted by the instructor, usually three weeks prior to the course start date. Your course may or may not require a textbook, and you will need to periodically check the link below to see if the instructor has posted a textbook. Textbooks may be purchased from any textbook store or online vendor.
- Visit: Testudo
- Select Schedule of Classes.
- Select the appropriate term.
- Select Course Listing.
- Select the course/department acronym, e.g., ANTH for Anthropology.
- Find the course.
- Select Books.
UMD maintains a Syllabus Repository by term/session and course. Posted on Testudo (online Schedule of Classes), the Syllabus Repository is a PDF provided by the course instructor. If the course/section instructor has not posted a PDF, contact the instructor directly.
- Visit: identity.umd.edu/search
- Enter the instructor’s last name.
- For multiple search results: Determine the department associated with the course.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com.
- The University uses plus/minus grading.
- Grades are not mailed. To view your grades, see Online Transactions: Grades (View Your Current Grades) approximately one week after finals.
- Course grades post to the official UMD transcript. See Learn More on Transcripts.