Tuition & Fees
Students who register for a course in this program are assessed tuition and, if applicable, mandatory fees. The program uses the semester academic calendar. Applies to course sections beginning with PCS* or PWS*.
Tuition is assessed at the University-approved per course rate. The chart provides tuition costs for each term of registration at 1, 2, or 3 courses. In addition, there is an estimated cost based on the total number of program courses for the master’s.
|Academic Year||1 Course||2 Courses||3 Courses||Estimated: Master's, 10 Courses|
- Students who register for DATA699 (a variable credit course) are charged at the per credit rate of $1,300.00.
Mandatory fees are assessed according to location, delivery type, and semester or term.
|Category||Semester||Description||Academic Year 22-23|
|Graduate Student Fees||Fall or Spring||9 or more credits||$605.00|
|Graduate Student Fees||Fall or Spring||8 or less credits||$312.50|
|Summer Campus Fee||Summer, I or II||Flat rate||$196.00|
|Summer Distance Fee||Summer, I or II||Flat rate||$92.00|
- Graduate Student Campus Fees, Mandatory: Assessed based on the total number of registered credits each fall or spring semester/term for any course held on campus. For a breakdown of fees, see Student Financial Services - Tuition and Fees.
- Summer Campus Services Fee, Mandatory: Flat rate charged for any course registration that requires students to come to campus, even if only for one class meeting. Assessed for each six-week session. Supports university resources that include transportation, student union, recreation, and registration services.
- Summer Distance Learning Fee, Mandatory: Flat rate charged for any course registration that does not require students to come to campus (e.g., internships, courses offered completely online). Assessed for each six-week session. Supports university resources and registration services.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this or any other University publication, the University reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees, and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary by the University and the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Although changes in tuition, fees, and charges ordinarily will be announced in advance, the University reserves the right to make such changes without prior announcement.
Financial Aid Opportunities
- State and/or Federal Funding, UMD Sources of Funding, Undocumented and DACA students, see Payment Information – Financial Aid.
Alternative Payment Options
- Terp Payment Plan, Veterans and Veteran Dependents, Tuition Remission, and Third Party/Sponsored Billing, see Payment Information – Alternative Payment Options.