Requirements: The Graduate School
A student applying for admission to a graduate program at the University of Maryland must meet the following minimum admission criteria as established by the Graduate School.
- Applicants must have earned a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent degree from a non-U.S. institution.
- Applicants must have earned a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all prior undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Applicants must provide an official copy of a transcript for all of their post-secondary work.
Additional program-specific requirements and deadlines may be found on each learning option’s application page. Each program’s learning option has a specific major code which must be used when applying.
- Master of Science in Geospatial Intelligence. Face-to-Face/Blended Learning. Major code GEIN.
- Master of Science in Geospatial Intelligence--Online. Online Learning (100%). Major code GINO.
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence. Face-to-Face/Blended Learning. Major code Z109.
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence--Online. Online Learning (100%). Major code Z135.
Official transcripts are required. A PDF of the unofficial transcript, however, may be used to accompany the online application. If official transcripts are not submitted at the time of application, students receive provisional admission. Official transcripts must be submitted to receive full admission. Such information is provided in the Graduate School’s admission notification; no additional reminders are sent. Failure to submit official transcripts by the end of your first semester results in a registration block. The Graduate School removes the block when official transcripts have been received.
Send official transcripts to:
Enrollment Services Operation
0130 Mitchell Building
7999 Regents Drive
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
- International students admitted into the online learning option are not eligible for Optional Practical Training (OPT).
- Due to visa requirements, international students admitted into the in-person learning option are required to register for on-campus sections and attend lectures in person.
- Students who successfully complete requirements for the Graduate Certificate may apply these credits towards the master’s program if the student applies and is admitted. If applying within a five-year period of completion, students do not need to re-submit accompanying application materials or pay the application fee.
- The Golden Identification Program is not eligible for Continuing Education Programs (Graduate, Post-Baccalaureate, Non-Credit Learning) administered through the Office of Extended Studies. See Golden ID Program.