Before submitting the online application for a specific program, applicants should review the School of Public Health’s application process, program requirements and deadlines, and transcript requirements. All required elements must be uploaded into the online application.
Part 1: SOPHAS Common Application for various Schools of Public Health
- See School of Public Health Graduate Admissions.
- SOPHAS is a centralized application service for schools and programs of public health. Applicants select the programs and submit one application that includes all necessary materials. Once received by SOPHAS, the application and materials go through a verification process before being transmitted to all of the selected programs.
Part 2: University of Maryland Graduate School Application
- In addition, applicants must submit a University of Maryland Supplemental Application through the UMD Graduate School Application Portal. The program application will not be reviewed until both the SOPHAS and the UMD Supplemental Application are complete.
- Applicants applying for admission to any graduate program at the University of Maryland must meet the minimum admission criteria as established by the Graduate School. See The Graduate School – Admission Policies.
- Domestic Applicants: Follow The Graduate School Application Process.
- International Applicants: Follow The Graduate School International Admissions Process.
- International applicants requiring an I-20 or DC-2019 are not eligible as this is a mostly online program with only one in-person learning element. The University cannot issue either document for this program.
- International applicants already in the U.S. who are permitted to enroll in such studies follow the international admissions process.
Program Specific Requirements & Deadlines
- For 100% online, see Master of Health Administration, Online (HLSO).
Graduate Program Application
- Provide the following under application section “Educational Intent:”
- Level of Study: Masters
- Intended Program of Study: Master of Health Administration, Online (HLSO)
Official transcripts are required. A PDF of the unofficial transcript, however, may be used to accompany the online application. If official transcripts are not submitted at the time of application, students receive provisional admission. Official transcripts must be submitted to receive full admission. Such information is provided in the Graduate School’s admission notification; no additional reminders are sent. Failure to submit official transcripts by the end of your first semester results in a registration block. The Graduate School removes the block when official transcripts have been received.
Send official transcripts to:
Enrollment Services Operation
0130 Mitchell Building
7999 Regents Drive
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
The Golden Identification Program is not eligible for Continuing Education Programs (Graduate, Post-Baccalaureate, Non-Credit Learning) administered through the Office of Extended Studies. See Golden ID Program.