Tuition & Fees
|Category||Semester||Description||Academic Year 21-22||Academic Year 22-23|
|Program Tuition||All||Per credit||$922.00||$957.34|
|Graduate Student Fees||Fall or Spring||9 or more credits||$817.50||$605.00|
|Graduate Student Fees||Fall or Spring||8 or less credits||$417.50||$312.50|
|Summer Campus Fee||Summer (I or II)||Flat rate||$280.00||$196.00|
The program uses the semester academic calendar. The academic year runs from fall semester through the following Summer Session.
- Assessed at the University-approved program rate for course section registration beginning with PLP* or PCP*.
Graduate Student Campus Fees, Mandatory
- The campus fee is assessed when registering for the mandatory in-person course. If a student registers for a mix of courses that meet on campus and online/off-site, the student is assessed campus graduate student fees based on the total number of registered credits (if registered for the in-person course in fall/spring) or the flat rate (if registered for the in-person course in summer).
- Fall or Spring Semester: Assessed based on the total number of registered credits for any course held on campus. For a breakdown of fees, see Student Financial Services-Tuition and Fees.
- Summer Session: Flat rate assessed one-time within each of the two six-week sessions (I or II) for any course held on campus. Supports university resources that include transportation, student union, recreation, and registration services.
Tuition & Fees Note
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this or any other University publication, the University reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees, and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary by the University and the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Although changes in tuition, fees, and charges ordinarily will be announced in advance, the University reserves the right to make such changes without prior announcement.
- Financial Aid Opportunities: State and/or Federal Funding, UMD Sources of Funding, Undocumented and DACA students.
- Alternative Payment Options: Terp Payment Plan, Veterans and Veteran Dependents, Tuition Remission, and Third Party/Sponsored Billing.