Tuition and Fees
Program Fees, International Relations
The program uses the semester academic calendar: fall and spring semester (16 weeks each. The academic year runs from fall semester through the following summer term.
|Category||Semester||Course Delivery||Description||Academic Year 21-22|
|Program Tuition||All||All||Per credit||$1,000.00|
|Graduate Student Fees||Fall or Spring||In Person/Blended||9 or more credits||$817.50|
|Graduate Student Fees||Fall or Spring||In Person/Blended||8 or less credits||$417.50|
|UMD Technology Fee||Fall or Spring||Online/Off-site||9 or more credits||$153.00|
|UMD Technology Fee||Fall or Spring||Online/Off-site||8 or less credits||$76.50|
Explanation of Program Fees
Assessed at the University-approved program rate for course section registration beginning with PCR* or PWR*.
Graduate Student Fees, Campus Face-to-Face/Blended Delivery
- Fall or Spring Semester: Assessed based on the total number of registered credits each semester/term for any course held on campus. For a breakdown of fees, see Student Financial Services-Tuition and Fees.
- Pertains to course section registration beginning with PCR* or a mix of PCR* and PWR*.
- If a student registers for a mix of courses that meet on campus and online/off-site, the student is assessed campus graduate student fees based on the total number of registered credits.
UMD Technology Fee, Online/Off-Site Delivery
Assessed based on the total number of registered credits each semester/term for courses held 100% online or for courses not held at UMD’s College Park campus. Supports UMD technology services. Students who register for online/off-site course sections have access to UMD Online Resources. Pertains only to course section registration beginning with PWR*.
Tuition & Fees Note
Notwithstanding any other provision of this or any other University publication, the University reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees, and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary by the University and the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Although changes in tuition, fees, and charges ordinarily will be announced in advance, the University reserves the right to make such changes without prior announcement.
Financial Aid & Full-time/Part-time Status
For information on financial aid opportunities (State and/or Federal, UMD Sources of Funding, Undocumented and DACA students) and alternative payment options that include Terp Payment Plan, Veterans and Veterans Dependents, Tuition Remission, and Third Party/Sponsored Billing, see Financial Aid & Alternative Payment.
Designation of Full-time/Part-time Status
The Graduate School uses a unit system in making calculations to determine full-time or part-time enrollment status. For complete information, see The Graduate School, Registration Policies, Designation of Full-time and Part-time Status. Because the program uses the semester academic calendar and offers courses at the 400 and above level, generally this translates to the following:
- Full-time means that a graduate student must register for program courses totaling nine credits or more per semester (fall/spring).
- Part-time means that a graduate student registers for program courses totaling eight credits or less per semester (fall/spring).