Interpreting and Translation
Tuition & Fees
Program Fees, Graduate Studies in Interpreting and Translation
The program uses the semester academic calendar: fall and spring semester (16 weeks each) and, occasionally, Summer Session (two 6-week sessions). The academic year runs from fall semester through the following Summer Session.
|Category||Semester||Course Delivery||Description||Academic Year 21-22|
|Program Tuition||All||All||Per credit||$900.00|
|Graduate Student Fees||Fall or Spring||In Person/Blended||9 or more credits||$817.50|
|Graduate Student Fees||Fall or Spring||In Person/Blended||8 or less credits||$417.50|
|Summer Campus Fee||Summer||In Person/Blended||Flat rate||$TBD|
|UMD Technology Fee||All||Online/Off-site||9 or more credits||$153.00|
|UMD Technology Fee||All||Online/Off-site||8 or less credits||$76.50|
Explanation of Program Fees
Assessed at the University-approved program rate for course section registration beginning with PG**, XG**, or PDG*.
- Fall or Spring Semester: Assessed based on the total number of registered credits each semester/term for any course held on campus. For a breakdown of fees, see Student Financial Services-Tuition and Fees.
- Summer Session: Assessed one-time for registration within each of the two six-week sessions (I or II) for any course held on campus. Supports campus-wide university services, technology services, and student services.
- Pertains to course section registration beginning with PG**, XG** or a mix of PG**, XG**, and PDG*.
Assessed based on the total number of registered credits each semester/term for courses held 100% online or for courses not held at UMD’s College Park campus. Supports UMD technology services. Students who register for online/off-site course sections have access to UMD Online Resources. Pertains only to course section registration beginning with PDG*.
- If a student registers for a mix of courses that meet on campus and online/off-site, the student is assessed campus graduate student fees based on the total number of registered credits.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this or any other University publication, the University reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees, and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary by the University and the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Although changes in tuition, fees, and charges ordinarily will be announced in advance, the University reserves the right to make such changes without prior announcement.
Second Year MPS Degree-track Entry Tests: $120.00. Non-refundable.
- Financial Aid Opportunities: State and/or Federal Funding, UMD Sources of Funding, Undocumented and DACA students.
- Alternative Payment Options: Terp Payment Plan, Veterans and Veteran Dependents, Tuition Remission, and Third Party/Sponsored Billing.
External sources of funding.
- American Foundation for Translation and Interpreting (AFTI) (U.S. citizens)
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program (International Students)
Scholarship options for studying overseas: