Requirements: The Graduate School
Any student applying for admission to a graduate program at the University of Maryland must meet the following minimum admission criteria as established by the Graduate School.
- Applicants must have earned a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or an equivalent degree from a non-U.S. institution.
- Applicants must have earned a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all prior undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Applicants must provide an official copy of a transcript for all of their post-secondary work.
Requirements: Program Specific
Additional program-specific requirements and deadlines may be found on the program’s application page. Each program has a specific major code which must be used when applying.
- Master of Professional Studies in Security & Terrorism Studies, Major Code MPTS (Link Coming Soon).
- Graduate Certificate in Terrorism Analysis, Major Code Z039.
Applying to The Graduate School
- Domestic applicants follow The Graduate School Application Process.
- International applicants follow The Graduate School International Admissions Process.
Official transcripts are required. A PDF of the unofficial transcript, however, may be used to accompany the online application. If official transcripts are not submitted at the time of application, students receive provisional admission. Official transcripts must be submitted to receive full admission. Such information is provided in the Graduate School’s admission notification; no additional reminders are sent. Failure to submit official transcripts by the end of your first semester results in a registration block. The Graduate School removes the block when official transcripts have been received.
Send official transcripts to:
Enrollment Services Operation
0130 Mitchell Building
7999 Regents Drive
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
- Students who successfully complete requirements for the GC-Terrorism Analysis may apply these credits towards the MPS-Security & Terrorism Studies if the student applies and is admitted. If applying within a five-year period of completion, students do not need to re-submit accompanying application materials or pay the application fee. Students who have submitted original transcripts for the graduate certificate will upload a Word Doc into the application that states official transcripts on file. In the Word Doc, you may also include a statement that letters of recommendation were submitted as part of graduate certificate application and should be on file. Unfortunately, the application process requires that you enter the names and emails of the recommenders. Once you’ve submitted the application, your recommenders will receive an email (automatic process). Students should notify their recommenders that they do not need to (re)submit another recommendation.
- The Office of Extended Studies (OES) provides administrative support for a number of UMD Continuing & Executive Education Programs. These include post-baccalaureate, professional graduate, continuing education, and executive education initiatives that are listed on the OES website. The Golden Identification Program is not eligible for Continuing & Executive Education Programs. See Golden ID Program.