Curriculum & Plan of Study: GC - Integrated Pest Management
Mentoring and advising are an essential part of the program. Students meet with faculty and the academic program director to ensure that educational goals and career learning and development goals are met. To learn more, prospective students should contact the program directors:
- Dr. Tammatha O'Brien: email@example.com
- Dr. Marcia Shofner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The GC-Integrated Pest Management has a 12-credit, 4-course curriculum that focuses on the techniques of integrated pest management for proper pest control management. The program is an effective and environmentally conscientious approach to pest management. Students learn about the life cycles of insects and their interaction with the environment to determine the most effective pest control methods while taking in consideration the effects of treatments to local ecosystems.
- Program can be completed in in twelve months of continuous part-time enrollment. See Designation of Full-time/Part-time Status.
- Program uses the term academic calendar with classes held in 12-week terms: I (fall), II (winter), III (spring), IV (summer).
- Below is a listing of all program courses. For a detailed course description that includes pre-requisites or co-requisites, see The Graduate School Catalog, Course Listing as follows: ENTM Course Descriptions
|ENTM710||Insect Biodiversity, Physiology and Ecology|
- See the sample plan of study, below. Students should use this as a guide to develop a plan with the academic program director.
- Actual course offerings are determined by the program and may vary semester to semester. Students should note if a course has a pre-requisite or co-requisite.
- Specific class meeting information (days and time) is posted on UMD’s interactive web service services, Testudo. Once on that site, select “Schedule of Classes,” then the term/year. Courses are listed by academic unit.
- The program uses specific section codes for registration, which are listed on the sample plan of study.
Sample Plan of Study
|Term||Year||Course Number||Section Code||Credits|
- The program features 100% online instruction with engaging and interactive learning.
- Instruction provided by University of Maryland faculty and professionals in the field.
- Using advanced audio and video technology, UMD’s online learning environment delivers dynamic and interactive content.
- Featuring convenience and flexibility, online instruction permits asynchronous or synchronous participation.
- Lectures are video archived. Students who are unable to attend in real time can review the session through asynchronous participation.